Liver trauma (TCC2006)

docrickfry at aol.com docrickfry at aol.com
Sun Apr 30 23:27:51 BST 2006

One point to clarify here--a T-tube is not a drain in the way I was referring to, but has an entirely different purpose--that is an entirely different story, and is essential in any exploration of the common bile duct.  I was referring to suction drains placed around the liver to drain any leakage into the peritoneal cavity to allegedly prevent the accumulation of bile in particular.
ERF