Liver trauma (TCC2006)

Krin135 at aol.com Krin135 at aol.com
Sun Apr 30 22:22:03 BST 2006

In a message dated 30-Apr-06 15:53:31 Central Daylight Time,
docrickfry at aol.com writes:

If  biloma develops, drain then as this occurs in a surprisingly small
portion of  patients, and is nt prevented by drains.

you mean that all those T tube bottles I had to measure and  empty back in
the 70s were actually worse than useless? who would have thunk  it?

Quite honestly, having undergone a lap choly back in 2000, and  comparing my
experience as a subject of this 'simple procedure'  compared to what was being
done when I was in Medical School or even Residency,  much less back in the
days when I was pushing bedpans, I am always amazed at how  far we have come in
the last 30 years!

May the folks out there doing the research needed to improve  the current
standards to match the improvements of the last thirty years  have as much
logarithmic success as the folks on whose shoulders they  stand!

ck

Charles S. Krin, DO  FAAFP