penetrating vascular trauma: bleeding subclavian avf

Karim Brohi karim at trauma.org
Sun Apr 30 17:37:44 BST 2006

Sal,

We've done 3 of these now - and used proximal balloon control of the subclavaian as an adjunct to open surgery in two more.  Two
subsequently occluded, one required no reintervention as the hand was viable, one required a brachial thrombectomy and re-stenting
(as I recall).

Anyone else on the list done this.  Perhaps we should pool and write-up our experiences?

Karim