Advice about a career in trauma surgery

Wilson, Matthew, M.D. Matthew.Wilson at cshs.org
Sun Apr 30 16:03:40 BST 2006

Yes Yes and. Yes to all your questions.  Shift work is the norm.  Both 12
and 24 hour shifts are available.  Elective surgery will supplement your
income .   A busy trauma service will/can be 70/30 non op vs op.  It is safe
to say you will have more non op where ever you go.   Add critical care to
your fellowship wish list.  It will keep you busy during the non op periods