bloody rectum...

Ronald Gross Rgross at harthosp.org
Tue Apr 25 13:00:42 BST 2006

Doug,
After I sent that post I KNEW that I had misrepresented my thought
process.....  I would consider one at any age, if it were necessary to
ensure wound healing.  In this case I was thinking (in my own mind) that
she most likely would be well-nourished, and capable of maintaining a
clean wound without soilage when moving her bowels.

Thanks for making me clarify  ;-)

Ron

>>> "Geehan, Douglas" <geehand at umkc.edu> 04/24 9:15 PM >>>
Ron,

At what age would you consider a diverting colostomy???

Regards,

Doug

Douglas Geehan, M.D.
Associate Professor