Hypertonic saline

Ronald Gross Rgross at harthosp.org
Mon Apr 24 11:49:00 BST 2006

Claudia,

While we do not use HTS for either septic or hemorrhagic shock (yet?), we are now using HTS as our standard fluid resus for all head injured patients with cerebral edema - and have been for about 3 months.  I do not know if it has made a difference just yet, but we are looking to either confirm or disprove its efficacy in our patients.

We shall see......

Take care,
Ron

>>> glamourcv at gmail.com 04/24 1:16 AM >>>
Dear everybody

I would like to make a simple query at this website...

How many of you follow regular hypertonic saline resuscitation
protocols  for hemorrhagic shock?

How many of you use hypertonic saline as first line therapy for head
trauma  with brain edema?

How many of you follow regular  hypertonic saline resuscitation
protocols for septic shock resuscitation?

I am expecting your answers.

Thanks in advance,

claudia