Witnessed Paeds Resus - your views

Ronald Gross Rgross at harthosp.org
Sun Apr 23 12:29:36 BST 2006

I have to agree with Steve - while I understand that the parents of a
sick/injured child want to be with their kids when care is rendered,
they have no moire place in the Trauma room than they do in the OR.
Staff memebrs caring for sick/injured kids need to be able to dedicate
ALL of their energies ALL OF THE TIME to the care of the kid, NOT
consoling and informing the parents - many of whom will need extended
time to "inform".

I got yer back, too, Steve.

Anyone got mine?

>>> flysurg at aol.com 04/22 5:58 PM >>>
This BS rears its ugly head again and again. Family members have no
place in trauma resuscitations until all invasive procedures have been
completed, if at all. Medical/ peds codes in ICU's are not the same.
This is just another lame attempt to nursify the practice of trauma
surgery. Fire away!

Steve Smith