Penetrating extremity trauma

docrickfry at aol.com docrickfry at aol.com
Fri Apr 21 17:43:26 BST 2006

I agree, but all that is necessary to send the patient home is no hard signs--all else is irrelevant and superfluous for an uncomplicated penetrating wound in proximity to a major extremity vessel.  There is no basis for using noninvasives to make this decision other than other people saying you should, or that they do, and there is reason that these can lead you astray into dangerous territory, as we explain in that paper.  I am sorry for misunderstanding what you meant
ERF