Penetrating extremity trauma

Roy Danks roydanks at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 21 17:20:35 BST 2006

This topic is going in circles.  ERF just restated what I stated earlier.  You assess them all the same way.
SW, GSW, SGW, Fx, etc.  Do the physical exam.

So, ERF let me ask you what you would do with these patients:

25 y.o., SW, Medial thigh.  No "hard signs", but ABI of 0.85.

Same patient, SW Lateral thigh.  No "hard signs", but ABI of 0.85.

I'm a general surgeon in rural Missouri.  I can shoot an arteriogram, get a Doppler and I am proficient in carotid endartarectomies and fem-pops.

What should I do?