Witnessed Paeds Resus - your views

Tony Joseph tjoseph at ihug.com.au
Thu Apr 20 19:31:59 BST 2006

Dear Andrew
There is no set standard in this.
Paeds resususcitation is not that common so you must have a plan.
If you have experienced senior staff running the resus, it is fine for the
parents to stay in the room but you need to have someone with them
explaining what is happening.
We have on occasion had either a senior nurse or one of our social workers
stay with the parents while the resus is going on and there is usually not a
problem whatever the outcome.
Just put yourself in the parent's position , where would you want to be ?
Regards
Tony Joseph
Sydney