Change of subject; Penetrating trauma to extremity

Avi Roy Shapira avir at bgumail.bgu.ac.il
Thu Apr 20 09:41:15 BST 2006

The apporpirate standard of care is physical examination. If there are no
hard signs of vascular or neurological injury, send them home.

Some may elect to observe, if there are soft signs.  But this is not
necessary.  Just tell the patients what to look for, and if he comes back
complaining later, work up the complaints. If there are no hard signs, the
extemity will not fall off all of a sudden.

Avi