Change of subject; Penetrating trauma to extremity

Moore, Rick Rick.Moore at TriadHospitals.com
Wed Apr 19 15:17:19 BST 2006

Good Morning,
Have an issue in my facility regarding penetrating trauma (specifically
knife stabwound)to an extremity. What is appropriate standard of care?
Admission with neurovascular checks, standard CT with contrast or CT
angiography. And if CT angiography is appropriate under who's direction
radiolgist or vascular surgeon or trauma surgeon?
All comments appreciated.
Rick Moore

-----Original Message-----
From: trauma-list-bounces at trauma.org
[mailto:trauma-list-bounces at trauma.org] On Behalf Of William Bromberg
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 7:33 AM
To: trauma-list at trauma.org
Subject: Re: JCAHO REQ: Locked meds in ED

At our institution (Pyxis) we generate a trauma number prior to arrival
for every trauma activation. For the highest level activations (unstable
patients) nurses automatically take RSI drugs from the Pyxis based on
the pre generated trauma numbers. It sounds to me that the breakdown is
waiting for the patient to arrive prior to  a number being generated
which then makes it impossible to pre-order meds.

Bill Bromberg

William J. Bromberg
Savannah Surgical Group
912 350-7412