JCAHO REQ: Locked meds in ED

William Bromberg brombwi1 at memorialhealth.com
Wed Apr 19 13:33:21 BST 2006

At our institution (Pyxis) we generate a trauma number prior to arrival for every trauma activation. For the highest level activations (unstable patients) nurses automatically take RSI drugs from the Pyxis based on the pre generated trauma numbers. It sounds to me that the breakdown is waiting for the patient to arrive prior to  a number being generated which then makes it impossible to pre-order meds.

Bill Bromberg

William J. Bromberg
Savannah Surgical Group
912 350-7412