Motorcycle @ 250 km/hr and pigs fly!

Krin135 at aol.com Krin135 at aol.com
Tue Apr 18 15:22:43 BST 2006

In a message dated 18-Apr-06 09:13:36 Central Daylight Time,
hlmtxprt at yahoo.com writes:

It's  edifying to car drivers to think that
motorcyclists  drive crazy and  ask for the injuries
they get.  And yes, motorcyclists are highly  visible
when they sin, but when they tangle with a car, they
are more  often sinned against by a very nice person
driving a car who somehow didn't  see the motorcycle
that everybody else out at the scene saw.

On the other hand, there are cyclists like the drunk chap who  rammed my
son's small pick up truck a couple of years ago...

I have some training in accident reconstruction, and between  the eye
witnesses who confirmed Josh's story that the biker had tried to pass  Josh *after*
Josh had committed to a left hand turn, the detail that the biker  ended up 75
feet away OVER the top of the pick up, managed to ram the pick up  hard enough
to roll it over...and the detail that 8 inch wide truck tires  left a foot
wide *sideways* skid mark...and a four inch dent in a steel truck  wheel...

that chap may have been the exception, but he was going *at  least* 85 mph in
a 55 mph zone when he hit Josh...and paid for  it...

ck

Charles S. Krin, DO  FAAFP