just BLS them....

jkaymdc at aim.com jkaymdc at aim.com
Tue Apr 18 03:20:12 BST 2006

There is no reason to go beyond 2 attempts.

Furthermore, and I know this is not popular, if you have a patent
airway using a Combitube or a King LT (for those who can) that are
providing adequate oxygenation and good ventilations, do not pull it
just so you can place the ETT. You are not doing your patient any good
by pulling a good airway that is working just to "attempt" an ETT.

--Jules

Julie K. Scadden, REMT-P, PS
Iowa

Be your own work of art.
Cultivate friends, passions, a distinctive style.
Learn, dare, and grow.