Thrombolysis for Ischemic Stroke

Michael Ferker xg2k2 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 17 22:26:57 BST 2006

The manipulation would supposedly be as a result of laryngoscopy as part of the evaluation, after which the said incident occurred.

  -Mike F

Mathias Kalkum <listen at doc-kalkum.de> wrote:
  Mike,

> I should've been more specific; the stroke occurred during c-spine manipulation. Would it be most prudent in that case to actually call the internist, or would thrombolysis on the spot be the best alternative for the patient?

well, now we have a case - and no need to be sorry.

Though I am still missing some details (why manipulation of c-spine? Due
to trauma, manipulation?) see my comments to Sal.

Sal, yes, such things happen. In my view there is no general rule, one
has to treat what is worst and has to consider both sides: is immediate
operative care *necessary* or can be delayed without endangering the
patient further, location of vessel lesion, size of ischaemic area, kind
of available treatment options for example.

Cheers

Mathias
(who turns the list into nomail mode for some days after almost a week
on call)