Thrombolysis for Ischemic Stroke

Michael Ferker xg2k2 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 17 06:06:52 BST 2006

I was wondering about what this board thought of using thrombolysis for treating ischemic stroke. For the purpose of this question, let's assume the patient made it to the trauma bay within about 2 hours of symptoms beginning, is in mid 30s, and no haemorrhage on CT. However, platelet count is less than 100,000, and the patient also suffered minor gastrointestinal bleeding about 2 weeks prior. I've read that the two aforementioned factors may be disqualifiers for thrombolysis. I was just wondering about the lists' opinions regarding the procedures, as well as what you guys and girls consider to be the most important evaluation factors when considering the aforementioned procedure. Thanks!

  -Mike F