familiar song/dance

Michael Ferker xg2k2 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 17 05:46:02 BST 2006

One of the things I've learned while participating in this discussion is that the decision to administer ABs, especially as a prophylactic, is not a black or white issue - it's not about "used too much" or "can be used ad-hok". The use of prophylactic anti-biotics is a step that should be carefully considered on a very specific case basis, and if that step is to be taken, its implementation should be performed with considerable care and precautions. But from the data I've seen, there's sufficient evidence for such a method to remain feasible and insufficient evidence to rule out the practice of prophylactic ABs completely.

  -Mike F

Doug Condit Jr <thoracicsurgpa at msn.com> wrote:

PS: I agree 100% with him and Dr. Mattox that antibiotics are used way-too-often, especially for "prophylaxis."

In a message dated 4/15/2006 11:50:35 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,