PHTLS, Ground EMS, Air EMS, Chest Tubes

pjcabdds at mchsi.com pjcabdds at mchsi.com
Sun Apr 16 17:13:50 BST 2006

Ken,
At least in Iowa, EMS personnel are part of or represented on the hospital
trauma committees. Reports are given at each meeting with the trauma director
present. These reports would include complications of all types. I have been
involved with this process personally for 10 years. More recently, I have given
trauma lectures to paramedics, and I have reviewed run/flight sheets personally.
If there are variances, the individuals are contacted for explanations. Feedback
and corrective actions are taken. Loop closure is achieved. The PI process
continues to monitor the situation.

--
Kind regards,
Phil