Liver enzyme estimation in Liver trauma and other querries.

docrickfry at aol.com docrickfry at aol.com
Sat Apr 15 15:13:09 BST 2006

Hmmmmm..I read this article and I hope nobody really thinks this at all justifies any use of liver enzymes in liver trauma.  It says the obvious--blunt liver trauma is associated with liver damage in children--wow, what a revelation! And I have another news flash--this is true in adults as well!  So drawing liver enzymes in liver trauma shows when CT is indicated.  Guess what--this decision to use CT does not at all require liver enzymes.  What the study did not show was any outcome difference associated with their use compared to those who do not get them drawn.
Modern science--what miracles will come next?
ERF