PHTLS, Ground EMS, Air EMS, Chest Tubes

P. Bailey paulaebailey at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 15 03:12:54 BST 2006

I am EMS.  I am not qualified nor would I recommend chest tubes in the
field.  We are frankly too close to a compentent hospital to even consider
such a thing.  We have had many of the "golden hour saves", however.  All we
do is package them as well as we are trained and pray you experts on the
other end can do those miracles we know you will.  And usually you do.  I
hope to GOD that fact never changes.  As long as there are trauma
organizations and incredible people like all of you out there, I KNOW that
my patient is going to get the best care humanly possible and they WILL make
it.  I had an excellent EMS teacher, but I do agree with the one gentleman
who said he wished he was trained by Dr. Maddox.  I would love to some day
meet the man!  Great group to sit back and read your views.  I've learned so
much!  THANK YOU!  Paula Baley, EMT, Maryland