Antibiotics for pelvic fracture

Krin135 at aol.com Krin135 at aol.com
Fri Apr 14 17:23:30 BST 2006

In a message dated 14-Apr-06 11:19:56 Central Daylight Time,
docrickfry at aol.com writes:

Do you not get it yet?  Of course, once again,  listen to this----yes,
prophylactic antibiotics DO work to reduce the  incidence of postop wound
infections--they have NOT ever been shown to prevent  infictuous complications of pelvic
fractures--it seems pretty simple a concept  to me to get your arms around

OK...I must have missed something, because I was  under the impression that
the question involved a pelvic fracture needing some  sort of OPERATIVE
Charles S. Krin, DO  FAAFP