Mammoth Mountain Ski Patrol Memorial

Sue suefire6 at charter.net
Tue Apr 11 23:26:23 BST 2006

This is an inspiring effort by the leadership at Mammoth Mountain to
raise funds for the families of the three EMS providers killed in the
line of duty last week.  I have several colleagues and friends who live
in Mammoth and this tragedy has hit the emotional core of this small
mountain town very hard. I would also urge anyone who skies to take part
in whatever way you can.   Please feel free to pass this message on.

Sue

--

April 14, 2006 - Ski Patrol Memorial Fundraiser

Rusty Gregory, Mammoth Mountain's Chairman and CEO, explained the
fundraising effort in this statement:

The community of Mammoth Mountain is much larger than our family of
2,800 employees or the 7,000 full time residents in the Town of Mammoth
Lakes. Each of you reading this is a part of our community and I know
you feel, as I do, that the loss of our patrollers in last Thursday's
tragic accident broke our hearts and ripped at our gut. Many of you have
e-mailed me wonderful ideas on how best to raise money and respectfully
honor the memory of Walter, James and Scott. Instead of working on many
separate small-scale efforts, I want to give us all one big idea that
will raise a significant amount of money for the families and give us
all something to focus on to ease the pain we feel. My partners and I
have decided to contribute all -- 100% without any deduction or
adjustment -- of this Friday's gross ticket sales to provide financial
support to the Rosenthal, McAndrews and Juarez families and to create a
permanent tribute on the mountain to our fallen heroes.

I encourage you to participate this Friday, April 14, in a day of
solidarity to honor the memory of Charles Walter Rosenthal, James J.
Juarez, John Scott McAndrews and to recognize Mammoth Mountain's Ski
Patrol and the alpine safety and rescue professionals world-wide who
risk their lives so the rest of us may enjoy the wonder of our mountains.

How to contribute to the Memorial Fundraiser

There are two ways to participate:

1) Join us on the mountain.
Come to Mammoth Mountain on Friday, April 14, and purchase a ticket to
ski or ride on this Friday.

2) Join us in spirit.

https://secure.mammothmountain.com/memorial/index.cfm
Purchase a lift ticket for Friday online as gesture of your solidarity
and support.

Only ticket purchases on Friday will be put towards the fundraiser, not
pass purchases or pass visits. Passholders don't have to buy a ticket to
get on the mountain Friday but we do hope they will support the cause by
purchasing a ticket online or at any ticket counter as a donation. As of
Tuesday morning, scores of MVP Passholders are displaying impressive
generosity by buying tickets for Friday, and in many cases, buying
multiple tickets. Thank you.

Every penny of your lift ticket purchase -- 100% without any deduction
or adjustment -- will go to provide financial support to the Rosenthal,
McAndrews and Juarez families and to create a permanent tribute on the
mountain to our fallen heroes.

--

Sue Roundy, M.Ed., EMT-P (ret.)
President, High Sierra Resources
email:  suefire6 at charter.net  or  suencbrt at lsu.edu
National Association of EMT's:  Secretary, Paramedic Division;
     Liaison to International Association of Emergency Managers
Past President, Nevada Emergency Medical Assoc.
President & Captain (ret.), Dayton (NV) Volunteer Fire Department

All email checked by Norton Anti-Virus

"I am the master of my house and what my wife says shall be done."
Frank Thornton Olmstead