Clamp the the chest tube?

Charles Brault c_brault at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 10 08:34:58 BST 2006

  > On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 docrickfry at aol.com wrote:
>
> > Please refresh--when did we ever leave it?
>
> While i can't speak to your neck of the woods, in New York we left this
> behind in the late '80s. In fact, until the NYFD borged our EMS, our
> EMT-Ps (and often our "EMTPYs" [awful emts] were pretty close to actually
> practicing independent medicine. Where are *you* that scoop and run is
> still the norm?
  NY A MESS

  Is a huge out of control beast
  (Is LA much better ?)

  To further dilute medical control in this sea of EMTs
  Is the incessant barrage of Politics, human misery, unions, inequalities, fund shortages, professional turf wars, the mere humongousness of the place... etc. etc.

  Medical direction ?

  Second floor, third door on your left, next to the out of service bathrooms
  But their's nobody their

  They are all gone for counseling ))))

  NY EMS is in perpetual crisis
  This, has kind of taken it's toll on the quality of care

  ... The voluntary hospitals do not seem to have that problem though

  Charles