PHTLS, Ground EMS, Air EMS, Chest Tubes

KMATTOX at aol.com KMATTOX at aol.com
Mon Apr 10 02:54:31 BST 2006

In a message dated 4/9/2006 8:08:35 P.M. Central Standard Time,
xg2k2 at yahoo.com writes:

I don't  think anyone is suggesting clearing EMTs to perform anything
difficult like  thorascotomies or splenectomies, but putting in tubes is something
necessary  and a thing I believe more EMTs should be taught sufficiently so they
can  safely perform it in the field.

-Mike  F

I know of NO data to support your suggestion.  Furthermore, the  AIR EMS is
not better trained than most ground EMS units.