Rescue Airway Techniques

paul.middleton paul.middleton at usa.net
Sun Apr 9 10:13:25 BST 2006

Ashton

That was a marvellous summary and an exemplar of clear thinking. Some of
your more experienced colleagues might learn something by listening. The
sooner you get out on the road full-time the better for the patients in your
neck of the woods!

The argument truly should be about how the patients threatened airway may
BEST be protected until they arrive at the safest situation for more
definitive management (if needed), and not about the laboured justification
of only one way to manage the situation. These conversations would, in a
world less dominated by entrenched positions and rigid thinking, contain
more about how we can ALL innovate / research / improve other alternatives
that don't have the associated iatrogenic morbidity and mortality. For
goodness sake, it doesn't all have to be about ETT's and laryngoscopes, and
it shows little respect for other people on this list to start making
childish comments about Daddy's car or such other nonsense. It also shows
little capacity to understand the whole reason for evidence based health
care.

The nonsense about some dark medical conspiracy to keep "tricks" in hospital
and away from anyone else is such patent bullshit it should be in the pages
of the National Enquirer or the Fortean Times, alongside the UFO's and
alligators in the sewers of Brisbane!

Paul

Dr Paul M Middleton
RGN MBBS FRCS(Eng) DipIMCRCS(Ed) FFAEM FACEM

Emergency Medicine
Sydney
Australia