Clamp the the chest tube?

Charles Brault c_brault at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 9 08:10:19 BST 2006

  In a message dated 08-Apr-06 18:48:46 Central Daylight Time,
aneurysm_42 at yahoo.com writes:

Though no one has brought it up, I'm not sure why
people would bristle at the suggestion.

Of all the prehospital interventions we've talked
about thus far (intubation, needle decompression,
chest tubes, etc.) the one thing we HAVEN'T discussed
which has been almost UNIVERSALLY shown to be
associated with IMPROVED outcomes in the critically
injured is RAPID transport to a trauma center.

Unfortunately, it's not a topic which generates the
same sort of zeal or passion as intubation does.
  Not quite true
  One we do not discuss it so much because
  We all agree to it
  Try getting on argumen goin about the benefits of brushing your teeth ! ! ?
  We have beaten this horse pretty good on previous threads
  Based on some bad EMS calls/EMS systems
  And the proéminent rogue EMS Dirty "10%"))))
  Go the archives