Clamp the the chest tube in an EMS placed chest tube

KMATTOX at aol.com KMATTOX at aol.com
Sun Apr 9 00:07:33 BST 2006

In a message dated 4/8/2006 4:56:02 P.M. Central Standard Time,  tangentcar
rot at hotmail.com writes:

I have  heard of a case that may qulifay. It was presented to us by a trauma
surgeon. who was not part of it.

>From what I remember (It was  about two years ago):
Young man,  shot in the neck (assualt rifle).  Intubated (why? expanding
hematoma/low GCS. Don't remember. Anyhow, O2  Sat. was good before
intubation- that I do  remember

Do you REALLY want me to review this case as I would for M&M surgery
conference or for a Court case?   If I did comment, it would have to  be off line as
I find a number of things wrong with this case.   There  could be a very
strong argument made that the death of the patient was  iatrogenically contributed
to by his pre-hospital care.