Clamp the the chest tube in an EMS placed chest tube

KMATTOX at aol.com KMATTOX at aol.com
Sat Apr 8 21:39:52 BST 2006

In a message dated 4/8/2006 1:47:33 P.M. Central Standard Time,
Krin135 at aol.com writes:

Then you  and Rick will be willing to testify Pro Bono for the  defense if an

outlying trauma case with a suspicious chest injury does NOT  get a  chest
tube
by an appropriately trained crew and the patient dies  enroute  to the
receiving trauma facility, having bypassed one or  more small town
facilities (with
ED docs who have a better  armamentarum available than the crew)  which are
NOT
trauma  centers?

I would be happy to review such a case, if and when such a case is produced
and it falls into the data that you cite.   Quite honestly, I have not  seen
or heard of such a case in military or civilian practice in the past  several
decades.   I HAVE seen a significant number of IATROGENIC (and  even FATAL)
complications caused by such insertion if needles and tubes in the  ambulance,
helicopter, and non trauma center personnel.