Clamp the the chest tube in an EMS placed chest tube

oded private tangentcarrot at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 8 18:28:13 BST 2006

You wrote:
">On a more somber note.  I see no reason to put in a chest tube in the
field.
>  NONE.  I do not understand the logic, usefulness, or  outcomes.   Just
>get
>to the trauma center."

You mean for a hemothorax only, or for a tension pneumothorax too?

It takes an ambulance about 25 minutes to get from my home to the nearest
hospital (which dosen't have full surgical capabilities). There are places
in Israel where it takes longer. This is a long enough time for a T/P to
kill, and it must be decompressed, dosen't it?
Knowing you're not a big fan of needle decompression, Dr. Mattox, I assume
you do support tube decompression in such circumstances. Is that right?