Clamp the the chest tube in an EMS placed chest tube

Charles Brault c_brault at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 8 11:33:29 BST 2006

KMATTOX at aol.com wrote:   On a more somber note. I see no reason to put in a chest tube in the field.
NONE. I do not understand the logic, usefulness, or outcomes. Just get
to the trauma center.
  Thanks for admitting you do not understand ! ))))
  Otherwise we are not all working in EMS
  My closest trauma center is about an hour from here
  No that's not true
  An hour from here their is a surgeon and an operating room
  Sometimes some blood products
  We have a better one at about 3 hours from here
I am saying a better one ! ! !
  It would still not register with anything you conceive as a trauma center
  If you can get a plane
  Then I think I can find something that falls into the bottom spectrum of your standards
  This said
  I think I have it good
  I am in the Algerian desert
  I have some buddys that are in much worse places
  Where your words will not help my Pts
  Words that make sense here
  And are conducive to preserving life
  Is put in a chest tube if you have to
  Preserve and re-transfuse the Pts blood sans fancy cell washer
  And keep doing that