Clamp the the chest tube in an EMS placed chest tube

HAXScott at aol.com HAXScott at aol.com
Fri Apr 7 17:48:53 BST 2006

The only time I'll ever clamp a chest tube is for a few seconds to connect
it to the atrium or direct the tube away from my crotch such that I don't get
soaked in blood... I was responding to Dr. Mattox's post regarding there NEVER
 being an indication for out-of-hospital tube thoracostomy. I apologize if I
created any confusion. My teachers always told me that if I never clamped a
chest tube, I would never hurt a patient by clamping the chest tube.

Doctor, I mentioned Moose, and I can assure you, the range of our beloved
Alces alces  doesn't taken them that close to the North Pole, and  I can further
assure you that there are many places on this continent  where access to even
a community hospital within four hours of injury is not  possible, and many
of these are well south of the Arctic circle.

Regards