Clamp the the chest tube in an EMS placed chest tube

Charles Brault c_brault at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 7 15:44:41 BST 2006

  Any sterile container system
  Add maybe a filter and a touch of calcium citrate
  And the job gets done
It's perfect when
  Your betraying your high end
KMATTOX at aol.com wrote:
  The only theoretical reason to clamp a chest tube is to preserve fresh blood
that you are going to autotransfuse, and autotransfuse rather urgently,
using one of the available commercial washing and filtering devices like the BRAT
or Cell Saver. Most ECs do NOT have such devices, so it remains

On a more somber note. I see no reason to put in a chest tube in the field.
NONE. I do not understand the logic, usefulness, or outcomes. Just get
to the trauma center.