Rescue Airway Techniques

JanyaUC at aol.com JanyaUC at aol.com
Thu Apr 6 23:05:03 BST 2006

well i'm going to jump in. i don't have scientific data to support my
opinions. my opinions come purely out of my experiences. i just don't see  what all
the hoopla is about. if a pt is not breathing/barely breathing/ or in
imminent resp arrest, why wait till they get to the hospital to intubate? i  honestly
can't think of many incidences where we got a pt that was tubed in the  field
and had to ask myself and the medics.... why did you do  that?  on the
contrary i've probably received more  pt's by ems  that i've had to ask why didn't
you tube? as we tare open the airway cart to do  just that.  with the golden
ABC's being what they are i'll take a secure  airway and all the perks that come
with it like breathing/ventilation and  circulation over just about anything
else.

ok my shield is on and armed and i'm ready for the onslaught...

Jan

In a message dated 4/6/2006 3:49:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,