LMA

HAXScott at aol.com HAXScott at aol.com
Thu Apr 6 22:11:15 BST 2006

Combitube in the trachea isn't really a huge problem - if someone scores it
in the trachea, changing it over to an ETT will be very simple with a tube
changer or a long bougie... Not recognizing it will have fatal consequence.

I'm with you on the toys... would you agree lung sounds are not enough?? I
think you NEED to use a secondary confirmation device when you use a Combitube.
 I think breath sounds alone = danger.