LMA

HAXScott at aol.com HAXScott at aol.com
Thu Apr 6 16:51:07 BST 2006

Keith,

If EMS providers anywhere in this country are currently doing it, then it
HAS to be based on solid scientific evidence (yes, I'm joking)...

I would have responded sooner but live in the country and have dial-up...
MDConsult and literature searches on dial-up... yeah, not fun,  and Charles
shared the abstract for every study I would have referenced and then some. There
are a couple other studies that evaluate the ability of nurses with minimal
airway training to reliably place supraglottic devices, specifically the
Combitube, in the setting of in-house codes. I have to plead guilty of saying
evidence when I probably meant eminence-based, as when I went back and looked at
lecture notes, the largest study actually involved EMT-P's

Thank you Charles for sharing that information - and thank you Keith for  the
challenge to keep posts honest.

Scott Hax
Lebanon, NH