Poor Teddy....

Steve Schecter sschecter2002 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 5 23:11:29 BST 2006

--- Andrew J Bowman <sumieb at compuserve.com> wrote:

> Poor bear,
> Killed for doing what comes naturally.
> Would not have killed anybody if they just stayed out of the woods.

So I guess we should start telling  people to not to live in NJ then ;
)

sniped from the division of fish and wildlife NJ website.

 ...Black bears are the largest land mammal in the Garden State and
live in forested areas throughout northern New Jersey. Here in the most
densely populated state in the nation black bears are thriving in close
proximity to people.

Black bears are native to the state, but as land was cleared for
settlements, timber and farms, and bears were killed indiscriminately,
their numbers decreased and their range reduced to the most remote
areas in the northern part of the state. The population recovered after
being afforded the protection of game animal status and habitat
improved as forests matured. Today, New Jersey's black bear population
is increasing and expanding as is the number of conflicts between
humans and black bears...snip

primum non nocere

Steve Schecter, NREMT-B

     This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, dissemination of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message and its attachments and notify the sender immediately.