LMA

Christopher Clarke (CMDHB) Chris.Clarke at middlemore.co.nz
Tue Apr 4 21:36:59 BST 2006

Hi,

I am an ODP  aka Anaesthetic Technician From the Uk, now working in New Zealand.

To prevent risk of aspiration when using LMA, and them getting pushed out, you can use the portex version.  Double cuffed, with aspiration tube....and the best bit...they cost the same as the LMA Classic!! (Or they should do if your organisation isnt been ripped off)

Portex LMA's are good, in trauma situations but can have a few user diffuclty issues - i:e double cuffed and the red valve...a lot of people forget to close this valve and therefore get a leak.... also becuase the portexs arent used a whole lot people dont like them becasue they are not familiar with them  but they are a brilliant device.

Regards