LMA

HAXScott at aol.com HAXScott at aol.com
Tue Apr 4 21:39:34 BST 2006

Pret,

You were quite correct in your original assessment of the King LT-D.

It's an EOA, with a pharyngeal cuff to obviate the need for a mask, and ONE
ventilation port, instead of lots of little holes like that EOA-thing, and NO
vents on the single lumen that is shoved into the esophagus. There is a 2nd
hole, which the rep tells me is so that I may take a gum elastic bougie, tube
exchanger, or FOB, and try and shove it down the single lumen while pulling
back on the device, which has to vents or ability to vent or decompress the
stomach. This last part sounds like a dream come true for me - a rescue airway
which occludes the gates of hell, and then, before I try to exchange it to a
real airway, I get to pull the cork out of the gates of hell, in the hopes
that  I *might* get the exchanger or introducer into the trachea, back the
King-LT  out, and then pass a tracheal tube over the exchanger or introducer,
before the  gates of hell flood the spongebags of life...

Sorry for the obsessive moment, I'm not looking forward to landing in a  town
near me to see this thing in someone's throat. They use them in the region.

Scott Hax
Lebanon, NH