"cooling catheter"

Michael Ferker xg2k2 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 4 16:48:46 BST 2006

I would have to agree with Sohail's assessment in that until a highly proven alternative way is discovered, I think colorectally is the best tract in maintaining core temperatures, in terms of both efficiency as well as minimization of possible complications.

  -Mike F

Sohail Muzammil <sohailmuzammil at hotmail.com> wrote:
  Intuitively it seems like too complicated a way to reduce core temperatures.
More sensible would be some sort of closed rectal system that circulates
cold fluid. Advantages would be a large circulation, good heat exchange and
of course no messing around with the heart or great vessels.

Until that time cold enemas get my vote.

Regards
S Muzammil, FRCS