Warfarin and head injury/Protein C

Michael Ferker xg2k2 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 3 05:07:29 BST 2006

Maybe try some Enoxaparin at 1mg/kg every 12 hours, and if she responds well, you can probably put her on Warfarin (no more than 5mg I'd estimate) until she's doing better (INR of 2-4). That family you mentioned would probably do fine taking care of her post-hosp. :-)

Joe Nold <jnoldscarmaker at yahoo.com> wrote:  On a tangent, I have an 80 y/o female w/ protein C deficiency with a history of both upper extremity and lower extremity DVT. She was admitted after a fall with a 2cm SDH, INR of 2.

Any recommendations on future anticoagulation/filter(s) in this elderly lady with a history of falls (syncope work up completely negative to date.

As a bonus, her husband is a former ER doc, and 3 daughters are all internists.

Any help would be appreciated.