Advice about a career in trauma surgery

00 00 rarax at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 3 02:24:22 BST 2006

Hi,  I'm a med student in the U.S. and interested in possibly a career in
trauma surgery.  I have a few questions that I hope the surgeons can advise
me about.

1. Is it possible to work purely as a trauma surgeon or do trauma surgeons
also do routine general surgery cases in addition to their responsibilities
as a trauma surgeon?

2.  Is it possible to work entirely in shifts as a trauma surgeon?

3.  How much of your time as a trauma surgeon do you spend actually
operating vs. non-operative management?

Thank you in advance for your help.

J.P.