Krin135 at aol.com Krin135 at aol.com
Sun Apr 2 14:04:01 BST 2006

In a message dated 02-Apr-06 00:49:35 Central Daylight Time, tch at sun.ac.za

RL is more physiological, yet problematic in large volumes  - when slowly
infused the lactate is metabolised as fast as it is flows  in!

For info the better fluid is available here in SA - called Balsol,  which is
like RL except the pH is 7,4 and the lactate replaced with Bicarb.  For some
reason not available elsewhere??? Has a good Stewart value  too!

I've actually heard of BALanced SOLution...possibly from you,  possibly from
one of the other groups I'm on that includes SA  folks...
I've never seen it here in the US.
Charles S. Krin, DO  FAAFP