the history of ATLS and trauma care

oded private tangentcarrot at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 1 21:04:19 BST 2006

Hello Michael

I'm from israel, but we do have that show here on the discovery channel. It
does show a great deal of intresting cases, and the commentary by the
physician could give me some material. Thanks for the idea (actually it's
aired today- but rather late at night. too bad- it's one of my favourate).

Naturally, me and the students have are own exprience and some of us can
bring up our own "special" cases, but the problem is that we are all young
and don't what it was like before ATLS, PHTLS, and surgeons dedicated
specifically to trauma. So if any of you trauma "dinasours" can give me a
clue, from their own experince, what it was like in the early days (and even
before) of dedicated trauma care, I'd be be thankfull.