Damage Limitation Surgery

Sue suefire6 at charter.net
Sat Apr 1 21:00:37 BST 2006

Sorry, group.  That last message was meant to be off list.
Sue

Sue wrote:

> Jamie,
>
> I have done this for you.  If you rejoin the list at a later
> date, please follow the directions at the bottom of every
> message that gives you the link to do this yourself.
>
> Sue
>

> Jaimie Cossey, PA-C wrote:
>
>> --please unsubscribe
>>

>> Jaimie C. Cossey, MICP, PA-C
>> Orthopedic Trauma Services
>> Doctors Medical Center
>> Modesto, Ca. 95352
>>

>> ---- Krin135 at aol.com wrote:
>> =============
>>
>> In a message dated 28-Mar-06 20:33:58 Central Standard Time,
>> xg2k2 at yahoo.com writes:
>>
>> Charles,
>>
>> Is it from MASH? Sounds like MASH.  Yeah, I think I'll go with Mash. :-)
>>
>> -Mike  F
>>
>> Very good...it's from the last third or so of the book, and  it's a
>> quote from Duke as he's teaching one of the new surgeons how to
>> handle  the problems associated with the then new skill set being
>> developed for acute  trauma surgery.
>>
>> Something that the original author saw up close and  personal.
>>
>> ck
>>

>> Krin135 at aol.com wrote:
>>
>> Funny...that stuff is well  documented at least as far back as the
>> Korean Conflict....it worked well  there as "Meatball Surgery",
>> consisting then of 'mucosa to mucosa, sub  mucosa more or less to sub
>> mucosa, muscularis to muscularis, and serosa to  serosa...and if I'm
>> really in a hurry, I'll just ride all the layers  together as best I
>> can and go back later to fix it...'
>>
>> A cold cup of  Starbucks Latte for the first person to recognize the
>> quote...
>>
>> ck
>>
>> Charles S. Krin, DO FAAFP
>>

>> Charles S. Krin, DO  FAAFP
>>
>> --
>> trauma-list : TRAUMA.ORG

Sue Roundy, M.Ed., EMT-P (ret.)
Adjunct Instructor, National Center for Biomedical Research
     & Training/Academy of Counter-Terrorist Training/LSU, US DHS.
President, High Sierra Resources
email:  suefire6 at charter.net  or  suencbrt at lsu.edu
National Association of EMT's:  Secretary, Paramedic Division;
     Liaison to International Association of Emergency Management
Past President, Nevada Emergency Medical Assoc.
President & Captain (ret.), Dayton (NV) Volunteer Fire Department
Author, Gladys-Student Manual, MERS™ (Medical Emergency
     Response Simulator) Interactive CD; ©Brady Publishing

All email checked by Norton Anti-Virus

"I am the master of my house and what my wife says shall be done."
Frank Thornton Olmstead