Damage Limitation Surgery

Sue suefire6 at charter.net
Sat Apr 1 20:58:15 BST 2006

Jamie,

I have done this for you.  If you rejoin the list at a later
date, please follow the directions at the bottom of every
message that gives you the link to do this yourself.

Sue

Jaimie Cossey, PA-C wrote:

>--please unsubscribe
>

>Jaimie C. Cossey, MICP, PA-C
>Orthopedic Trauma Services
>Doctors Medical Center
>Modesto, Ca. 95352
>

>---- Krin135 at aol.com wrote:
>
>=============
>
>In a message dated 28-Mar-06 20:33:58 Central Standard Time,  xg2k2 at yahoo.com
>writes:
>
>Charles,
>
>Is it from MASH? Sounds like MASH.  Yeah, I think I'll go with Mash. :-)
>
>-Mike  F
>
>Very good...it's from the last third or so of the book, and  it's a quote
>from Duke as he's teaching one of the new surgeons how to handle  the problems
>associated with the then new skill set being developed for acute  trauma surgery.
>
>Something that the original author saw up close and  personal.
>
>ck
>

>Krin135 at aol.com wrote:
>
>Funny...that stuff is well  documented at least as far back as the Korean
>Conflict....it worked well  there as "Meatball Surgery", consisting then of
>'mucosa to mucosa, sub  mucosa more or less to sub mucosa, muscularis to
>muscularis, and serosa to  serosa...and if I'm really in a hurry, I'll just
>ride all the
>layers  together as best I can and go back later to fix it...'
>
>A cold cup of  Starbucks Latte for the first person to recognize the  quote...
>
>ck
>
>Charles S. Krin, DO FAAFP
>

>Charles S. Krin, DO  FAAFP
>
>--
>trauma-list : TRAUMA.ORG

Sue Roundy, M.Ed., EMT-P (ret.)
Adjunct Instructor, National Center for Biomedical Research
     & Training/Academy of Counter-Terrorist Training/LSU, US DHS.
President, High Sierra Resources
email:  suefire6 at charter.net  or  suencbrt at lsu.edu
National Association of EMT's:  Secretary, Paramedic Division;
     Liaison to International Association of Emergency Management
Past President, Nevada Emergency Medical Assoc.
President & Captain (ret.), Dayton (NV) Volunteer Fire Department
Author, Gladys-Student Manual, MERS™ (Medical Emergency
     Response Simulator) Interactive CD; ©Brady Publishing

All email checked by Norton Anti-Virus

"I am the master of my house and what my wife says shall be done."
Frank Thornton Olmstead