the history of ATLS and trauma care

Michael Ferker xg2k2 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 1 20:18:34 BST 2006

If you're in the US, there's a great show on TLC called "Trauma: Life in the ER" or something like that. The show's chock full of interesting cases, all of which are true, with reenactments and commentary from people involved. It's usually on Mondays around primetime methinks, but I don't know if they still make new episodes. Some good stuff on there; you should be able to find some interesting stories. Good luck!

  -Mike F

oded private <tangentcarrot at hotmail.com> wrote:
  Hello list

I have been challenged by some students (EMT''s trained to become
instructors). They are intrested in hearing about the origins of modern
trauma care in the hands non-general surgeons and non-physicians, including
prehospitaly. Does anybody have an intresting anacdote about the origins of
modern trauma care and ATLS courses (besides the famous and true story about
the orthpead's plane crash in nebraska), or can give me a good and RELIABLE
refrence to read?

Thank you all responders in advance,
Oded