Damage Limitation Surgery

Jaimie Cossey, PA-C fracturefixer at charter.net
Sat Apr 1 20:06:55 BST 2006

--please unsubscribe

Jaimie C. Cossey, MICP, PA-C
Orthopedic Trauma Services
Doctors Medical Center
Modesto, Ca. 95352

---- Krin135 at aol.com wrote:

=============

In a message dated 28-Mar-06 20:33:58 Central Standard Time,  xg2k2 at yahoo.com
writes:

Charles,

Is it from MASH? Sounds like MASH.  Yeah, I think I'll go with Mash. :-)

-Mike  F

Very good...it's from the last third or so of the book, and  it's a quote
from Duke as he's teaching one of the new surgeons how to handle  the problems
associated with the then new skill set being developed for acute  trauma surgery.

Something that the original author saw up close and  personal.

ck

Krin135 at aol.com wrote:

Funny...that stuff is well  documented at least as far back as the Korean
Conflict....it worked well  there as "Meatball Surgery", consisting then of
'mucosa to mucosa, sub  mucosa more or less to sub mucosa, muscularis to
muscularis, and serosa to  serosa...and if I'm really in a hurry, I'll just
ride all the
layers  together as best I can and go back later to fix it...'

A cold cup of  Starbucks Latte for the first person to recognize the  quote...

ck

Charles S. Krin, DO FAAFP

Charles S. Krin, DO  FAAFP