the history of ATLS and trauma care

oded private tangentcarrot at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 1 17:45:41 BST 2006

Hello list

I have been challenged by some students (EMT''s trained to become
instructors). They are intrested in hearing about the origins of modern
trauma care in the hands non-general surgeons and non-physicians, including
prehospitaly. Does anybody have an intresting anacdote about the origins of
modern trauma care and ATLS courses (besides the famous and true story about
the orthpead's plane crash in nebraska), or can give me a good and RELIABLE
refrence to read?

Thank you all responders in advance,
Oded