Toradol

Krin135 at aol.com Krin135 at aol.com
Sat Apr 1 12:43:03 BST 2006

In a message dated 31-Mar-06 23:37:52 Central Standard Time, tch at sun.ac.za
writes:

Just cos  the FDA have not approved of something - does not mean it is not
safe etc.  Just means FDA either have not tested it or if failed on some usually
minor  technical agenda. Here in South Africa Diclofenac is also used
selectively as  an IV preparation, but only well diluted (1X 75mg amp in 1000ml RL
over 30  min.) in minor and non-trauma surgery. Because it is for stable
patients - the  U&E is usually pre-checked!

Tim:

primus: my friends call me Chuck...and you and I have been  corresponding
long enough to be extended that point.

secundus: I well understand that the US FDA has long lost its  standing as
the premier drug approval source. Unfortunately, it's what I have to  work with
in general. I've had good luck in the past with diclofenac po, and  would like
to see how the IV version works, but it sounds like it's not the  thing for
our Urgent Care Centers and EMS crews.

BTW..why RL instead of saline?

ck

Charles S. Krin, DO  FAAFP